Schedule of Horticulture Classes
FREE entry to all classes
- Classes 1-27 and 07 to be grown by exhibitor.
- Carrots & parsnips must have 1” to 2” foliage. Beans must have some stalk. Tomatoes must have calyces.
- Any suitable vase or container may be used for flower displays. Paper plates will be provided for fruit &vegetable classes and all bake-off entries.
- Covers will be provided for bake-off entries and all baked entries can be removed once judging is complete if the exhibitor wishes.
- Photographs to be A5, unframed.
All exhibits must be booked in to the Horticulture Tent between 10.00 and 12.00 on Saturday 2nd September.
The Horticulture tent will be closed for judging between 12.00 and 13.00.
Kids Crafty Friday
Kids – drop in to the festival site on Friday August 31st between 1pm and 3pm for a crafty extravaganza!
Your chance to make your entries to the horticulture competitions. Snack and Juice provided.
Bring a grown up.
Class 1. 3 Onions grown from sets
Class 2. 3 Onions grown from seeds
Class 3. Plate of 5 potatoes
Class 4. 3 Carrots
Class 5. 3 Parsnips
Class 6. 3 Beetroot
Class 7. 5 Runner Beans
Class 8. 1 Cucumber
Class 9. Plate of 5 Tomatoes
Class 10. 1 Cabbage
Class 11. 1 Cauliflower
Class 12. Plate of 3 Cooking Apples
Class 13. Plate of 3 Dessert Apples
Class 14. A Nice Pear
Class 15. Plate of 5 Plums
Class 16. 3 Leeks
Class 17. 1 Onion for weight
Class 18. 1 Marrow for weight
Class 19. 1 Pumpkin
Class 20. Pot plant – Chilli
Class 21. Pot Plant – Foliage
Class 22. Pot Plant – Flowering
Class 23. Vase of 3 Roses
Class 24. Vase of 3 Gladioli
Class 25. Vase of 3 Chrysanthemums
Class 26. Vase of 3 Dahlias
Class 27. Vase of 5 Asters
Class 28. Vase of Spray Chrysanthemums
Class 29. Vase of mixed flowers
Class 30. Display of flowers/foliage inspired by the suffragettes
Children’s Horticulture Classes – Ages 0-5 & 6-11
- Animal made of Vegetables and/or Fruit
- Rock art (Decorated pebbles, stones or rocks)
- A picture of a woman you admire (any medium)
- A suffragette banner or placard
- A vase of mixed flowers and/or Foliage
- A plant you have grown from seed.