Schedule of Horticulture Classes
FREE entry to all classes
1. Classes 1-30 and 05 must be grown by exhibitor (Class 20 must be from home reared chickens).
2. Carrots & Parsnips must have 1” to 2” foliage.
3. Beans must have some stalk.
4. Tomatoes must have calyces.
5. Any suitable vase or container may be used for flower displays.
6. Paper plates will be provided for fruit &vegetable classes.
7. Covers will be provided for bake-off entries.
8. Entries can be removed from the horticulture tent once judging is complete, if the exhibitor wishes.
9. If you wish to keep your entries please remove them from the horticulture tent by 16.30 on Sunday.
10. All exhibits must be booked in at the Horticulture Tent between 10.00 and 12.00 on Saturday 4th of September.
11. The tent will be closed for judging between 12:00 and 13:00 on Saturday
HORTICULTURAL SECTION (All ages)
Class 1. 3 Onions grown from sets
Class 2. 3 Onions grown from seeds
Class 3. 5 potatoes
Class 4. 3 Carrots
Class 5. 3 Parsnips
Class 6. 3 Beetroot
Class 7. 5 Runner Beans
Class 8. 1 Cucumber
Class 9. 5 Tomatoes
Class 10. 1 Cabbage
Class 11. 3 Leeks
Class 12. 1 Onion for weight *
Class 13. 1 Marrow for weight *
Class 14. 1 Pumpkin for weight *
Class 15. 3 Cooking Apples
Class 16. 3 Dessert Apples
Class 17. 1 Nice Pear
Class 18. 5 Plums
Class 19. Chilli pot plant
Class 20. 6 free range eggs – judged for uniformity
FLORAL SECTION (All ages)
Class 21. Pot Plant – Foliage
Class 22. Pot Plant – Flowering
Class 23. Vase of 3 Roses
Class 24. Vase of 3 Gladioli
Class 25. Vase of 3 Chrysanthemums
Class 26. Vase of 3 Dahlias
Class 27. Vase of 5 Asters
Class 28. Vase of Spray Chrysanthemums
Class 29. Vase of Mixed Flowers
Class 30. Display of Flowers/Foliage inspired by rainbows and/or key workers.
Sutton on Trent Bake off Categories (All ages)
Class 31: Victoria Sponge – own recipe with filling*
Class 32: Chocolate Cake – own recipe
Class 33: Rainbow cake – layered rainbow cake – own recipe
Class 34: 5 Scones – sweet – own recipe
Class 35: Bread – own recipe
Class 36: 1 x 1lb Jam – own recipe
*Competing for the Jane Heighton award
Children’s Bake 0ff (Ages 0-6 & 7-11, judged on design only)
Class 37: Best decorated Gingerbread Key Worker
Children’s Horticulture Classes – Ages 0-6 & 7-11
01. Animal made of Vegetables and/or Fruit
02. Rainbow Collage
03. Painted plant pot with a rainbow or key worker theme.
Scarecrow Competition (All Ages)
This year we would love to see scarecrows designed to pay tribute to key workers. They should be displayed outside of your house prior to the festival weekend and can be entered with the other horticulture categories by bringing them to the festival site on Saturday the 4th of September.
KIDS CRAFTY FRIDAY
Kids; drop in to the festival site at Marshalls Field
on Friday 3rd of September between 3.30pm and 5.00pm
for a crafty extravaganza!
All materials will be provided for you to make your entries for the festival horticulture competitions. Snack and juice provided. £1.00 Donation.
You must bring a grown up.